This Oregairu analysis will reveal who is the mastermind behind the prom’s cancellation that the student council president, Isshiki Iroha (一色いろは), Yukinoshita Yukino (雪ノ下 雪乃), and co. are organizing.
Before I will start
Before you will read this, I strongly recommend you to read LN 10-12, Yahari anime ss2 ep10-12 or manga -Monologue- up before proceeding.
- Please read Attention page first, to let you understand that my all analyses are not 100% right.
- Spoilers up ahead.
- I recommend you to read/watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. (やはり俺の青春ラブコメはまちがっている。), Oregairu (俺ガイル) LN/anime Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (やはり俺の青春ラブコメはまちがっている。続)/manga Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. -Monologue- (やはり俺の青春ラブコメはまちがっている。-妄言録-) before proceeding.
- My English sucks, such, sub.
And I recommend you to check out related posts below. Because these events might have some link to her action, especially the post [Why Does Yukinoshita’s Mother Cancel Prom?].
1. Arranged Marriage (Or Engagement) Might Happen For REAL!?
2. Why Does Hayama Hayato (葉山 隼人) Want Himself & Hikigaya Hachiman (比企谷 八幡) To Be Equal? And His “Silent Plan”.
3. Why Does Yukinoshitas’ Mother Cancel Prom? – LN v12
In my previous post, [Why Does Yukinoshita’s Mother Cancel The Prom?], I assumed that parents/Mr.Yukinoshita’s companion who request Yukinoshitas’ parents to solve a problem is Hayama’s parents. The reason why they ask for Yukinoshita because of “that problem” is related to their son, Hayama and “the important event”. Since their son and the oldest daughter of Yukinoshita family, Yukinoshita Haruno (雪ノ下 陽乃), are going to get married (or engaged) and this will be announced soon so it is not the properly for Hayama to participate prom because of the unsuitable manner of him and his partner (who is not Haruno) during prom event will be recorded in photos that will cause huge problems.
Those photos might be uploaded to the internet and some people may use these as a hot topic. If this happens as adults are worried, it will ruin Yukinoshita and Hayama’ reputations. So the solution for this problem they need to choose is canceling/postponing an event. After they considered between canceling/postponing the marriage or prom, the result they agreed is stopping an event that we know what it is in LN v12. This is my assumption in the previous analysis.
But!! My conclusion in the previous post led me to “the next question”.
Who is the real generator?
Even if I wrote that it is possible that Hayama’s parents are people who ask Yukinoshita parents, I reviewed Hachiman’s monologue in LN v12, I found “something” that makes me suspect that character who knows Hayama’s parents well is the one who “directs” them and others to cancel prom. But before I will continue, even if I believe that this assumption would be correct, I will not guarantee anything since I have no any solid evidence. Because it is still possible that nobody manipulates Hayama’s parents and others too, his parents found the problem because of those photos by themselves and requested Yukinoshitas’ parents to solve it. So I recommend you to check the answer with LN v12.
Then, I will begin with the hint that makes me suspect that person.
Hachiman’s Opinion About SNS & Users’ Intentions
At first, I didn’t think much after read his monologue since I got the conclusion that Hayama’s parents are people who ask Yukinoshita parents. But I thought that there is something fishy after read these monologues again and I witnessed that character caused many problems to other people in LN v8,10-11.
So this is just my hunch but thanks to those experiences, I supposed “if he is the true mastermind?”
After I got this assumption, I checked if it is true by reading the story during organizing prom. Hachiman’s opinion toward the connection between social network services in devices of parents and children and users’ intentions lie the answer I was looking for.
As a matter of fact, the students who have joined the photo shoot didn’t had any intention to show any affectation—they were just being honest— they weren’t expecting this kind of conflict—that is why they uploaded the photos throughout the SNS. It is not weird for the parents to check on their children who started other SNS applications such as Instagram because they are linked with their parents in LINE. However, it is the truth that we weren’t consciously making sure that our students were acting without guile. If they had been, then there is a possibility that a lot of people would be aggressively calling the event unhealthy.
These underlined texts and colored words (that specify good and bad intentions of users) make me begin to doubt that WW still uses professional writing skill to reveal the truth but hide it at the same time. I ever saw this technique in LN v8 & 10.
Oregairu Analysis – The Conclusion of Haruno’s Plan (Operation Fire Doughnut) & The TRUTH(s) behind Hayama’s Sacrifice for Hachiman (The Last Part).
In v8, during Hachiman explains about himself to Hayama but it actually explains Hayama’s true feeling instead. In case you want to see how it is, you can find it in this post and ctrl+f with this keyword, “Hayama’s thought (Final TL)“.
And in this v12 is another time that WW uses this complex technique. This time he hides intention and action of that character in the monologue of another character. So I decoded the hidden truth by using my conclusion about [Hayama’s parents are people who ask Yukinoshita parents] overlaps with [Hachiman’s monologue] to interpret the true will of this mastermind and how he directs people to cancel prom for his own benefit that this might be the truth that WW hides it and present it at the same time. ⇓
The studentsThat student who joined the photo shoot had any intention to show any affectation— theyhe was just being honest— theyhe wasn’twas expecting this kind of conflict—that is why theyhe uploaded the photos throughout the SNS. It is not weird for the parentsHayama’s parents to check on their child who started other SNS applications such as Instagram because they are linked with theirhis parents in LINE. However, it is the truth that we weren’t consciously making sure that our studentsthat student was acting without guile. If theyhe has been, then there is a possibility that a lot of people would be aggressively calling their son’s actions in this event unhealthy.
It is not like I tried to blame that character to make my assumption correct. But when I saw two intentions (honest and guile) and how parents can check on their children’s posts in Instagram by connecting with LINE, this “urges” me to doubt that Hachiman’s monologue might have a hidden truth. Even if I didn’t believe in my assumption that much but after I reviewed 8man’s monologue again, WW explained how that character directs his parents to take action while he is hiding his true intention from everyone, people who he uses and people who he hurts their feelings. WW’s explanation via 8man makes us know how Hayama’s parents got those photos from that person. And no one can make sure if he was acting without guile.
At this point, if Hayama’s parents saw those photos because they check them via the SNS connection with their son, we would notice who is their child. This character is the criminal mastermind of this case and how his another silent plan (stop prom so it will not ruin his reputation and the plan to get married with his crush will not be ruined) begins.
Out Of Topic (A Little)
ps. About his silent plans in LN v6,10-11, besides the silent plan that I pasted the link at the beginning of this article, if you are interested to read other silent plans of this person during the school cultural festival, you can read as this list.
- “LOVE Plan ♥” of Hayama During The Cultural Festival? (The First Part) (The Last Part) – LN v6
- The (Secondary) Career Path of Hayama is… – LN v10
When I consider how this character plans things silently many times in the story for his own benefit that most of them are gaining attention from someone or living in a peaceful environment. So to explain his intention and how he launches the plan to cancel this prom, it would be like this…
- After promotional photos and video that was shared via the app like LINE, this person would know this from his mobile or his friends since he is very smart, he was worried that this event will deliver him big problems because poses of him (in his own imagination) and his partner (who is not his bride-to-be, Haruno) will be like these promotional photos, leaning each other like a couple and the atmosphere of this event is like the wedding party. So he was worried that his photos will ruin his reputation, peaceful world in the school after this and his ultimate plan to get married with his love might be postponed or the worst case is it might be canceled.
- Since he will be going to get married soon, taking his and his partner (in prom event) photos will be shared with various SNSs, would backfire on him. And sharing is not the only problem, storm of questions and gossips from every direction with those evidences are what he needs to fear. I think people need his explanation and they would not be tired to bring this topic to discuss again. At least I will be not surprised if a certain blonde hair girl will ask him.
- Since he is a popular guy in the school, if there is just one person considers his marriage and his activities with another girl during the prom, this will be a hot topic and if he is voted to be the prom king for real, this position will be like adding oil to the fire, turn up the heat of this hot topic to other people like R*sident E*il. This natural phenomenon might even reach other schools nearby and even …the upper class who are familiar with his and Yukinoshita’ families.
- Imagine how he will live in the school after that topic was shared. It must be much more difficult than during the rumor between him and Yukino definitely (and I wonder his fire shield, Miura Yumiko (三浦 優美子) will be by his side since he is the one who lured her to choose different career path from his at the beginning.
Oregairu Analysis – The (Secondary) Career Path of Hayama is…
This post explains how Hayama choose different career choice from Yumiko’s.
But I think Yumiko can’t recover Hayama’s situation although she is with him either, I don’t see how the service club can help him either.⇑
- One of the possibilities is Yukinoshita parents might consider postponing or the worst case, canceling this marriage to prevent definite damage, to maintain their reputation that includes their daughter, Haruno since the reputation of Yukinoshita and Hayama’ families were ruined by the cause above. Getting married to the boy who has imperfect history is not the smart move to do since they still encounter many people in the society and they “like” news like this. Imagine when Yukinoshitas need to endure people’s opinions around them. That’s why the decision of Yukinoshitas’ parents (since their status are higher that Hayama) to choose between postponing or canceling this arranged marriage is up to their weighing pros and cons. And I believe that character will not allow adults to postpone or cancel his marriage since he will not get married to his crush.
- So he needs to do something and since he can’t escape from this event by himself or even postpone the prom (it must be arranged on March only) and he has no any intention to change schedule or stop the arranged marriage either because although we know that adults decided this marriage by themselves, it’s him who wants this event to happen the most since he will get married with his love.
If you read my analysis [why does Hayama want him & Hachiman to be equal & his silent plan], I explained how this mastermind arranges people to believe as he expected.
In case of prom is canceled, when adults announce the arranged marriage of him and Haruno, people will not think he betrays their expectations (especially Yumiko) because he will act as if he needs to answer his parents’ expectations but the truth is this is he is answering his own expectation. That’s why he has no any intention to stop or even postpone the marriage he is dreaming for. Canceling prom is the only choice!
Forgive me but I have no choice.
And if we consider adults’ agreement to stop the prom, it seems that they see the marriage as the first priority, much more important than the student event like prom. Or else they would consider postponing the marriage for now but they still agree to stop the prom instead. So their decision can reflect their wishes to establish the everlasting relationship as soon as possible. For example, the expectation of Hayama’s parents is high to the point they don’t consider to postpone what they dream for all times, to …join with Yukinoshita family that is not easy to obtain.
- When he considers everything and reaches the conclusion that he needs to stop prom asap so that multidimensional crisis in full series will not occur. I ever wrote about the character’s development of this person, to not let anyone know his true intention so nobody will realize that he plans this, so this time he let his parents and others complete this mission by urging his parents to know that this prom will cause them huge problems by acting as if he is innocent, uploads photo(s) about prom in SNS and his parents will fall into his trap by checking on his post. This would happen at the same day with the day participants (who join to promote this event) share their photos in LINE because Yukinoshitas’ mom and Haruno come to school in the next day (the possibility that they saw these photos and come to the school to stop prom at the same day is very low for me to believe). So it means that his parents saw those photos and hurry to report this to Yukinoshitas’ parents on the same day.
This reflects how they are so worried and hurry to meet people who can solve this problem. Although they might believe that their son will be voted to be the king for sure, their temporary happiness vanishes instantly if they realize that their son’s photos might cause the big problem since the arranged marriage will be announced and organized soon. So if they don’t do something, their son’s photos will be shared in public. After the arranged marriage is announced, someone, somewhere will address their son’s behavior during the prom and a lot of people will be aggressively calling his actions in this event unsuitable in the end.With the short time gap between these two events, because they (Hayama family) can’t let go the gold chance to unite with Yukinoshita family, I don’t see how Hayama can escape from people who are thirsty of info, no matter how he will answer, every choice are weird for listeners.
This is his true intention and how this character sent his personal problem to his parents so they will solve it for him and his parents sent this problem to Yukinoshitas’ parents (from individual’s problem to village problem, from village problem to local problem) and ends up with cutting what they can accept, while he hides the truth from everyone.
Standby mode is the best.
And in case his parents are not worried after saw the post in SNS, he can “urge” them without they realize his intention by saying things naturally. Just like when he tries to convince Ebina Hina (海老名 姫菜) to not include him to her BL show.
I don’t know how Yukinoshita & Hayama’ parents discussed until they reach this decision to stop prom. Before Mrs.Yukinoshita will convince prom team to cancel this event, she needs any necessary knowledge so they need to research and might force Haruno to this job. Since Haruno is forced to get involved with this mission, I think it is possible that she would know why her mom wants to stop the prom too. Or else she would vend her feeling to prom team after her mother discussed with prom team, such as she doesn’t understand why her mom wants to cancel prom or something like that.
To sum it up this mastermind doesn’t need to invest anything, just post some photos with his phone.
If this assumption that connects with my previous theory (Hayama’s parents are the
companion of Yukinoshitas’ father), Hachiman’s monologue, and that character’s chronicle, this mastermind behind prom’s cancellation is not anyone but Hayama Hayato himself.
I really hope you are not the generator.
For this case, directing his parents and Yukinoshitas family (except Yukino) would not be a good thing and I hope he would feel guilty more or less. But in his opinion, this is still the right thing to do so since stopping prom will stop problems that will swoop to them too, especially their reputations and their future to obtain the everlasting relationship.
With all of these steps, it becomes that people are dissatisfied at people who stop what they are doing and that person is Yukinoshitas’ mother who is in the front line. And Haruno might know that Hayama’s parents ask her parents (and even her) so his parents are the origin of this story. But I doubt everyone includes the inner circle (I don’t mean the inner circle from The G*fted TV Series) knows that someone manipulated them and if it is like this for real, no one can prove it since his action can be interpreted as innocent as Hachiman thought.
As always, since I lack solid evidence except for Hayama’s incentive, the truth behinds Hachiman’s monologue and his history, so my post this time is just a notice only. Please consider its possibility carefully before believing it. I recommend you to read LN v6,8,10-12 since Hayama’s history of planning multiple silent plans lie there.
…I really hope Isshiki will not realize who ruins her plan.
I hope WW will write Hayama’s story because …reading his story can help us see the truth in another point of view and his life connects with many people such as his love rival, Hachiman and his crush, Haruno.
I am not sure if I will write the next post, “Who is The Owner of The First Monologue in LN v12?”. But her/his feeling in this monologue is interesting because it connects with previous events in her/his life.
Because they didn’t talk, this person’s misunderstanding still continues. This misinterpretation is not different from that time when this person mistook for their relationship in that episode of anime season 1.
If I didn’t write this topic, I might reveal my answer at the right sidebar of this blog (near google translate button).
You can ((Follow this blog)) by clicking Follow button below. ⇓ The newest post will reach you before anyone.
Or if you don’t have WordPress account, you can ((Subscribe)) this blog with your mail by type your email address in the form below and click Follow button ⇓ so the newest post will warp to you instantly.
After you read my analysis, if you have some thought about the feelings or thoughts of other characters, feel free to write in ((Comment)) form below. I want to read every comment from readers because your opinion is important.
If you think this analysis is worth enough to let others read this too, you can ((Share)) by using share buttons below. ⇓